Thursday, November 12, 2009

Affordable Makeup Brushes

I know that lately I've been blogging a lot about makeup brushes. But I really do believe that they are essential if you want to achieve that flawless face, perfectly blended eyeshadow, and cute blushing cheeks. I usually look for a great deal when I buy my makeup brushes and I have come across some great websites and retail stores that offer them at an affordable price. My brush collection consists of a wide range of brushes from many different companies including MAC. But we all know how expensive MAC brushes can be.  So for all you budget conscious peeps I've compiled a list of companies to see which brushes you think might fit your budget and where you can get a hold of them.





1) Kayana Beauty Trends is not an online retail store but a service providing photography, makeup artistry, and hairstyling.  They also happen to sell quality professional makeup brushes.  I bought my first full set ever from them and I absolutely love them.  Their customer service is superb! Check them out at www.kayanabeautytrends.com or on their Facebook Fan Page.



2) Coastalscents is an online retailer that sells cosmetics, makeup brushes, and everything you need to make your own makeup!  I'm a regular customer of coastalscents and get this, they've got a few makeup brushes that sell for less than $2.00 USD!  Amazing right? They also sell amazing colored palettes at awesome prices.  I can't say enough good things about this company. So if you're looking for affordable quality makeup and brushes www.coastalscents.com is worth checking out!



3) Sigma Makeup is a new fun cosmetic company offering makeup and brushes.  You've probably heard of them if you're a YouTube beauty fanatic like myself.  I've bought a couple of their brushes and all I can say is they have great MAC quality brushes.  They even labeled their brushes after MAC's numbering system (except that they ad an "SS" before the number).  To find MAC dupes, www.sigmamakeup.com is the place to find them at great prices!



4) Sonia Kashuk brushes available at Target.  Sorry Canadians but these brushes are only available to our American neighbours.  I was lucky to get my hands on some whenever I visited the States.  So the next time you're visiting across the border be sure to check out Target and Sonia Kashuk's line of brushes.



5) Quo brushes available at Shoppers Drug Mart.  I love Quo brushes.  The prices aren't too bad either.  And the quality is pretty good as well.  They've recently come out with a studio line which is available at their Boutique stores.  And if you're lucky, you might catch them on sale offering them at 20-40% off!



6) Michaels Craft Store.  I know what you're thinking.  Why would they sell makeup brushes at Michaels?  Well, they don't. But what if I told you you can use artist paint brushes as makeup brushes?  That's right!  I've come across some excellent artist brushes that I use a makeup brushes.  One brand to check out in the artist aisle is Leow Cornell's Maxine Thomas Mop brushes.  They're made of goat hair which are perfect for eyeshadows.  If for some reason you can't find them at Michaels check out Hofcraft's website where they also sell them online.


Good luck & Happy brush hunting!

No comments:

Post a Comment