Saturday, October 29, 2011

My IMATS 2011 WANT list!

If you've read my IMATS post from last year you'd know that I didn't go too crazy with my haul.  This year I plan to change that!  I have a list that many of my Twitter friends and followers have been asking about and here it is!  These are just a few things that I want and hopefully will get...


FACE ATELIER 
PRO ULTRA FOUNDATION
I have one in the full size and I love it!  I've decided that I need a few of these in my kit!



Z PALETTE
I already own a couple of these and they are awesome!  I love the see through window.  A definite must have  for makeup artists.


VELOUR LASHES
I recently heard about this Canadian Company and definitely want to try their false lashes which are made out of mink fur.


NAKED COSMETICS
SIERRA NEVADA COLLECTION 
What can I say I'm a sucker for neutrals!


YABY COSMETICS
DRAMATICALLY NEUTRAL PALETTE
I've always wanted to try Yaby but always thought that they were expensive.  Since they will be at IMATS I'm hoping to get a good deal!


NYX COSMETICS
NUDE ON NUDE PALETTE  
I've heard that this was a good dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Palette except that you get more colours!  I must try it!


BEAUTY SO CLEAN 
COSMETIC SANITIZER MIST  
I usually just use 90% Isopropyl Alcohol in my kit but I find that it really dries out my product.  I've heard that this doesn't dry it out as much but disinfects products just as good.  


PARIAN SPIRIT
PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP BRUSH CLEANER
If you've come across Fiona Man's Product Wars Video on YouTube then you would know that this brush cleaner is better than the MAC one.  Need this!


MAKEUP FOREVER
12 FLASH COLOR PALETTE
Need I say more?  Want it!


MAKEUP FOREVER
AQUA LIQUID LINERS
Recommended by Jenn of Spiced Beauty.  She says "they're definitely worth it!" So I've decided that this is another must try!



MAKEUP FOREVER
HD FOUNDATION
I previously owned a bottle of this and actually finished it down to the last drop!  I never had the chance to get another one particularly because it is quite pricey.  But I'm willing to pay for it if there's a discount!


MAKEUP FOREVER
AQUA EYES
I already own a few of these and I think they're awesome.  Smooth, Creamy, and lasts all day!  A staple in my kit!


NARS
ALBATROSS 
I need a good highlighter and I've heard this is a good one.  Do you know of one that is better than this?  If so comment below!



KETT COSMETICS
KETT SET POWDERED COMPACT
A staple in any makeup artist's kit (so I've heard).  I guess I need this too!



KETT COSMETICS
COSETTE VESSELS
A must have for makeup artists!  I own 1 of these and I need more.  I use a ton of brushes and these are great to have to hold and store your dirty brushes.


NURTURING FORCE
BLOT OUT OFFENSIVE SHINE AND OIL CONTROL CREAM
A great primer for airbrush makeup.  I've read some reviews on this and I really like that it's all natural and is really good for oily skin.  I get a lot of clients with oily skin and think this is worth a try.

Also on my list are brushes, disposables, and other makeup artist accessories.  There will be a bunch of vendors who supply these so I will just pick out who is the most affordable!

 Okay so there you have it!  That's my want/need list.  Are you going to IMATS?  I wanna see your list!  Leave a comment with your list or if you've blogged about it I wanna know!

13 comments:

  1. Omg!! Great list :D
    Let me know if you get the liners.
    I want the COSETTE VESSELS now :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Yes I'll definitely let you know if I get the liners. Those Cosette vessels are awesome! They're easy to take home dirty brushes after using them at a gig. But I find 1 isn't enough. I'm gonna grab 1 more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool!! I have the NYX Nude on Nude palette - did a post on it. Have to admit I still like UD Naked Palette better - the colours just seem to show up more and are more "dimensional". But it's still a great palette! I'm not an MUA so there's really nothing I "need". I'm hoping I'll be good and not buy anything LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh, after reading your post, I just added two items to my list! lol The NYX Nude on Nude Palette and the brush cleaner! lol I'm not looking to buy a lot this year ... mostly tools (brushes, mascara wands, brush belt, sharpener, etc.) I remember hearing reviews on the NYX palette and I totally forgot to write it on my list. Thank you! lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Elaine yeah the Nude on Nude is a great price. I'm hoping for an even better price at IMATS!

    @Tess haha I'm such an enabler eh?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to IMATS and need to work on my list ASAP. I'm thinking of getting a few Face Atelier foundations for my kit as well. I've got a full size I use for myself and love it.

    I can't believe it's less than 2 weeks away!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'm so excited! It's like looking forward to Christmas every year! haha

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm looking fw to get more angled brush since they're the ones that I tend to loose all the time! lol Other than that, I'm hoping to snatch a good deal either from Kett or Temptu airbrush foundation set. As for the skin care, Makeupbyrenren also raved about that nurturing force blotout offensive- probably will go on my wishlist too! ahhhhh it's 2 weeks away! I'm sooo excited to go!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohh I think I want Cossette vessels, mink lashes, and the Beauty So Clean spray! Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's funny how most of you are reading this and keep adding to your own lists!

    @phey yeah I've heard great things about nurturing force.

    @joy you won't regret Cossette vessels! Get the 9 inch as it can hold all sizes of brushes!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello Donna, this is a very detailed want list! I have not even thought about having a list! I did see some of the things I want from your list!

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks...I keep seeing other people's lists too and mine just keeps growing...I really have to condense it again now...hehe

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Donna Marie,

    I discovered BeautySoclean a while back..... it is right. I found out the hard way with alcohol that it dries out and destroys.....a $75 Guerlain compact!! Arghhhhh.. Loving beautysoclean. Did you see the wipes? Those are great too; lipsticks, mascaras (not for clients) obviously, but your own. Takes off clumps, I feel comfortable keeping my mascara longer now.

    ReplyDelete