Tuesday, January 3, 2012

A Year in Beauty: The Best of 2011

Happy New Year to all my readers!  I can't believe how fast 2011 went by and now we're off to a fresh start!  I can't wait to see what this year will bring. 

Well the year has finally come to an end and it's it's a year of new beginnings I thought I'd do a post on my favourite products of 2011.  Check it out!

Best Foundation 


Hands down my favourite foundation ever is Face Atelier Ultra Foundation.  It is my HG of foundations!  I love that it give me a flawless finish everytime!  It's lightweight and also photograph's really well.  This is a must have for anyone!

Best Face Primer

I've used the Korres orignal primer and I do love it.  I like this one as well as it has anti-aging properties.  It's moisturizing and helps keep my makeup on all day!

Best Eyeliners



I have a toss up between two liners.  The Annabelle Smoothie Liners are awesome for bases and shadows as well as liners.  I also really like the Makeup Forever Aqua Eyes which are a staple in my kit!

Best Lipstick

I absolutely love these Cover Girl Lip Perfection lipsticks!  I haven't done a review yet but these were my go-to favourites of last year.  They're so pigmented and last a long time!

Best Eye Primer


Lime Crime Eye Shadow Helper is my #1 primer of choice.  Excellent for oily lids like mine!

Best Eyeshadow Palette


Of course the Urban Decay Naked Palette had to make my list!  What's not to love?

Best Highlighter


LORAC Perfectly Lit Luminizing Powder in Radian is the perfect highlighter in my opinion.  It's not too heavy and adds the perfect glow to the skin.

Best Lip Balm



eos lip balms are awesome!  They're moisturizing and soothing which is exactly what I need for my dry lips!

Best Moisturizer

Consonant Body Ultra Moisturizing Organic Face Cream is so amazing that my cheeks have been baby butt smooth!  It's so soothing and everytime I put it on I feel like I'm at the spa!

Best Face Wash


I love Consonant Body Organic Foaming Face Wash.  I love that it can take off waterproof makeup so easily!  And it feels refreshing too!

Best Bottom Mascara



I love that Clinique's Bottom Lash Mascara has the cutest little brush that it gets every single tiny hair.  The formula is great too as it does not smudge or flake at all!

Best Blush



All year the blush that I have been grabbing for the most would have to be Benefit Coralista.  I find that it gives me a pretty flush.  Just a little the apples of my cheeks gives me a natural look.

Best Bronzer


Vasanti Cosmetics Brazilian Bronzer makes my skin look bright and radiant.  I love this bronzer!  Doesn't give you that muddy look!

Best Concealer


Benefit's Erase Paste is the best concealer to cover those darn dark undereye circles.  You'll be amazed at how well it covers!  It also brightens up that area too!

Best Face Powder


Love MAC's Mineralize Skinfinish Natural!  Wear it alone or on top of foundation and it gives you the perfect finish everytime!

So what were your favourites of 2011?

3 comments:

  1. Omg I agree with liners! I thought I was the only one!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Donna, great list! I feel like I must go out now and buy everything here that i've never tried before. This year I've been loving Bobbi Brown's corrector which I use as a concealer, it's amazing. Check it out! Happy new year! Gizelle

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Jenn I know they're awesome right?!

    @Gizelle thanks! I'm sure you won't be disapointed with my faves! I've never tried Bobbi Brown's corrector but I've always heard great things. I'm just so in love with my Benefit Erase Paste that I think it's all I need at the moment. Maybe when it runs out I'll try Bobbi Brown?

    HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

    ReplyDelete